Rockford YMCA Amped Up Adventure Race – Sunday, April 7
Be Active Outdoors and the YMCA of Rock River Valley are holding the Amped Up Adventure Race on April 7, 2013 in Rockford. The adventure race will draw people from far and wide to test, challenge, and push their overall adventure racing skills and fortitude. The Rockford race first race of the 2013 series, with Beloit, WI on May 11 and Aurora, IL on June 16. Race along, and in the recently identified Rock River Trail through downtown Rockford IL.
Amped Up Day One - Saturday April 6th 2:00 – 6:00 - Millenium Center, 220 S. Madison Street, Rockford
The Rockford YMCA Amped Up Adventure race is the same weekend as the Spring ArtScene in downtown Rockford and the Puma Cup, so downtown Rockford will be alive with activity. Racers can check in at the Millenium Center and pick up their race packets, listen to music under the outside pavilion and check out the youth obstacle challenges.
- 2:00 – 6:00 Race packet pick up, Social Time, Snacks and Beverages
- 2:00 – 4:00 Amped Up Primer Games and Challenges for Youth Under 14
- 2:00 – 4:00 Live Music
- 4:00 – 6:00 The Live Your Adventure Film Presentation “The Journey”
- 6:00-? – Olympic Tavern Social Time
Amped Up Day Two – Sunday April 7 – 8:00am-2:00pm Amped Up Race – YMCA Log Lodge, 200 Y Blvd, Rockford.
Update! Paddling portion of Rockford Race is cancelled due to cold & high water. An alternate course option will replace paddling portion.
Sunday is race day with the Rockford race starting and finishing at the Rock River Valley YMCA Log Lodge. As with all the other Amped Up Adventure Races, running and biking components are all sprint distances with urban obstacle component of the Rockford race being held at Camp Winnebago. All Rockford race proceeds go towards increased programs and services through Camp Winnebago and the development of outdoor leadership and education programs offered through Rockford Public Schools.
- 6:00am-7:30am – Bike/Helmet drop off at transition point
- 7:00am-8:00am – Registration, timing chip pick up
- 8:00-9:00 – Race begins in waves at YMCA Log Lodge
- 11:00-1:00pm – Zipline at Camp Winnebago – open to the public – $20 for two zip rides.
- 8:00-1:00pm – Race Observation Areas open at YMCA Log Lodge, Camp Winnebago – YMCA Climbing Wall & Inflatables (open to the public), Vendors, Food at YMCA Log Lodge.
- 1:00pm – Awards at YMCA Log Lodge (exact time to be determined)
Impacting the Rockford Community
The race proceeds will go to support youth programming at Camp Winnebago of the YMCA of Rock River Valley, and a program that will assist Rockford Public Schools to strengthen and encourage outdoor activity and pursuits for their students.
Sponsors and Volunteers Needed
We are seeking corporate sponsors, as well as volunteers for the event. Volunteers receive a free race t-shirt, goodie bag, and a ticket to attend the after-party. If you would like to get involved with the Rockford race, please contact us!